Wednesday, January 19, 2011

failed

I failed. I was doing so well...fast going according to plan...but how are you supposed to escape the boyfriend family dinner. You can't just be at his house for hours and obviously not going out and obviously not leaving yet and there is dinner and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fml. And she's like this italian mom right. Here hun eat this...oh you gotta try this..as she puts it all on your plate. So I cut everything up real small but all in all...there was chicken and 10 pieces of penne noodles with vodka sauce. it was a nightmare. but i'm home now and am laying down right now to do 1000crunches and 500 leg lifts.

I hope everyone else had a better day.

How do you guys deal with the "other family" dinners?

3 comments:

  1. o dude trust me i know italians they are ruthless my dads side is full italisn
    for me i just use my hole somtach issues as an excuse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani's got the right idea. If you can't claim food allergies or restrictions like vegetarianism, the morning of the dinner complain to your boy of cramps. He'll look out for you when you don't feel like eating much. Usually it's easier just to save up your calories for the day.

    You should feel proud for being polite and eating, and not like a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it suck whenever you try to fast something comes up and ruins your plans?! It's like whenever you plan to fast, you can't- but whenever you're not planning to fast, there's no food around anywhere and everything goes perfectly!

    Family dinners are the hardest thing to get out of! I've had that happen when I'm fasting and I'll come home to a table full of food that my grandmother prepared...how do you say no to an 86-year-old grandmother?! You can't without feeling bad -_-* Maybe you could play the, "I feel nauseous right now...maybe later" card and say that the food looks so delicious and you would love to have some later (but never actually eat it). Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete